Wayne, IL – April 28, 2010 – Showplace Productions is pleased to announce that the prize list for the 2010 Showplace Spring Spectacular Horse Show Series is now online. World-class competition, superb hospitality, and a fantastic setting are just a few of the reasons why many of the country’s top horses and riders return each year to the Spring Spectacular Series. Produced by Showplace Productions, one of the top horse show production and management companies in the United States, the Spring Spectacular will offer more than $500,000 in prize money with “AA” Hunter and Five Star Jumper rated competition. The three-week series will run June 8-25, 2010, at the beautiful Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, IL.
Previously a two-week competition, the Showplace Spring Spectacular will return with three consecutive weeks of competition this year, hosting the Showplace Spring Spectacular I, June 8-13, the Showplace Spring Spectacular II, June 14-20, and the Showplace Spring Spectacular III, June 21-25. The event is known for featuring great prize money, excellent footing and course design, and a wonderful show experience.
This year, Showplace Productions is excited to announce a special ‘Derby Day’ during their Spring Spectacular II. The 2010 Showplace Derby Day will be held on Tuesday, June 15, 2010. The day will feature a $15,000 Chronicle of the Horse/USHJA International Hunter Derby, a $5,000 USHJA 3’ Hunter Derby, and a $10,000 Open Jumper Speed Derby, all held in the Lamplight Equestrian Center’s Grand Prix Ring with a new derby bank.
The Spring Spectacular will also feature some very special competition during its additional third week, with a unique new format. The Spring Spectacular III will feature the $100,000 Showplace Challenge Cup, a “world cup” format multi-phase event for High Junior/Amateur-Owner, Low Junior/Amateur-Owner, Children’s/Adult, Low Children’s/Adult, and Modified Children’s/Adult Jumpers. The Cup will be held the first three days of the Spectacular III, Monday June 21 through Wednesday, June 23. Participants will compete in two classes Monday, one Tuesday, and the Championship on Wednesday. Scores from Monday and Tuesday will carry into Wednesday, with the entries returning for the final in reverse order of faults. Riders will still be able to earn their NAL, M&S, and WIHS points as they can at Spectacular I & II, with class results counting independently for league points.
While Spectacular III offers an exciting addition to the schedule, the entire show series will continue to offer the best prize money for all levels in the region. Highlight classes for the open jumpers include the $30,000 Grand Prix events on Saturday afternoons and on Wednesday during week three. Open jumper riders can also compete for more prize money in the $10,000 Welcome Stake classes held each Thursday during weeks one and two. A new class this year is the $10,000 Open Jumper Speed Derby on Tuesday, June 15.
Offering some of the best prize money for junior and amateur riders in the country, the Showplace Spring Spectacular series will hold $10,000 High Junior/Amateur Jumper Classics on the Sundays of weeks one and two, as well as the $15,000 High Junior/Amateur Showplace Challenge Cup Finals on Tuesday, June 22.
The Low Junior/Amateur Jumpers will be able to compete for $30,000 in total prize money over the three weeks of competition. The Children’s Jumpers and Adult Jumpers will have each have a $5,000 classic on Sunday, June 13 and June 20, as well as the combined $10,000 Children’s/Adult Showplace Challenge Cup Finals on Wednesday, June 23. The Low and Modified Children’s/Adult Jumpers will also compete for $10,000 in prize money throughout weeks one and two.
Other jumper highlights include the $5,000 Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Speed Derby, the $5,000 Gentlemen’s Invitational, and the $5,000 Low and High Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Gambler’s Choice classes.
Hunter riders will have a great choice of classes and divisions in which to compete as well, with over $80,000 in prize money awarded for all of the hunter classics for the series.
More information and new announcements will follow on this year’s exciting Showplace Spring Spectacular Series. For further information, please visit www.showplaceproductions.com.
Photo Credit: Showplace Productions’ Spring Spectacular Horse Show will return to the Lamplight Equestrian Center for the 2010 season. Photos courtesy of client. This photo may be used free of charge only in relation to this press release.
2010 SHOWPLACE SPRING SPECTACULAR HORSE SHOW SERIES FAST FACTS
EVENT: Showplace Spring Spectacular Horse Show I, II, and III
WHAT: Three “AA” rated hunter and five-star jumper horse shows produced by Showplace Productions.
WHERE: Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Ill., located 40 minutes west of Chicago.
WHEN: June 8 – 13, June 14 – 20, and June 21-25, 2010
PRIZE MONEY: More than $500,000 in prize money is offered across the hunter and jumper divisions.
• $80,000 in prize money for all hunter classics held over the three weeks of competition
HIGHLIGHTS BY WEEK:
WEEK I: June 8-13, 2010
• $30,000 Grand Prix, Saturday, June 12
• $10,000 Open Jumper Welcome Stake, Thursday, June 10
• $10,000 High Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic, Sunday, June 13
• $5,000 Low Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic, Sunday, June 13
• $5,000 NAL Children’s Jumper and $5,000 NAL Adult Jumper Grand Prix, Sunday, June 13
• $2,500 Low Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, Saturday, June 12
• $2,500 Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, Saturday, June 12
WEEK II: June 14-20, 2010
• $30,000 Grand Prix, Saturday, June 19
• $10,000 Open Jumper Welcome Stake, Thursday, June 17
• $15,000 Chronicle of the Horse/USHJA International Hunter Derby, Tuesday, June 15
• $10,000 Open Jumper Speed Derby, Tuesday, June 15
• $10,000 High Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic, Sunday, June 20
• $5,000 Low Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic, Sunday, June 20
• $5,000 NAL Children’s Jumper and $5,000 NAL Adult Jumper Grand Prix, Sunday, June 20
• $5,000 Gentlemen’s Invitational, Friday, June 18
• $5,000 Low Junior/Amateur-Owner Gambler’s Choice, Friday, June 18
• $5,000 High Junior/Amateur-Owner Gambler’s Choice, Friday, June 18
• $5,000 Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Speed Derby, Tuesday, June 15
• $5,000 Showplace 3’ USHJA Hunter Derby, Tuesday, June 15
• $2,500 Low Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, Saturday, June 19
• $2,500 Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, Saturday, June 19
WEEK III: June 21-25, 2010 ($100,000 SHOWPLACE CHALLENGE CUP WEEK)
• $30,000 Grand Prix, Wednesday, June 23
• $15,000 High Junior/Amateur-Owner Showplace Challenge Cup Finals – Show Jumping Hall of Fame Member Event, Tuesday, June 22
• $10,000 Low Junior/Amateur-Owner Showplace Challenge Cup Finals, Wednesday, June 23
• $10,000 Children’s/Adult Showplace Challenge Cup Finals, Wednesday, June 23
• $4,000 Modified Children’s/Adult Showplace Challenge Cup Finals, Wednesday, June 23
• $4,000 Low Children’s/Adult Showplace Challenge Cup Finals, Wednesday, June 23
HOURS: Tuesday through Sunday, from 7:30 a.m. to around 5 p.m.
ADMISSION: Complimentary during every day of showing.
PARKING: On-site, permits available
DIRECTIONS: From Chicago
I-90 (Kennedy Expressway) West to Route 59 (Barrington, IL).
Route 59 South (Left Turn) to Stearns Road (West Bartlett, IL)
Stearns Road West (Right Turn) to end. (Dunham Road)
Left turn on Dunham Road.
1/8 mile—Lamplight Equestrian Center is on Right.
From Downtown St. Charles
Route 64 East to Dunham Road.
North (Left Turn) on Dunham Road.
Lamplight Equestrian Center is on Left approximately 1.5 miles after Army Trail Road.
From St. Charles Hotels
Route 64 to Kirk Road North.
Kirk Road runs into Dunham Road. Continue North.
Lamplight Equestrian Center is on Left approximately 1.5 miles after Army Trail Road.
OFFICIAL HOTEL: Courtyard by Marriott 800-321-2211 (2 miles)
Best Western of St. Charles 800-528-1234 (2 miles)
Fairfield Inn & Suites 800-228-2800 (2 miles)
Hilton Garden Inn 800-445-8667 (2 miles)
Quality Inn 800-424-6423 (2 miles)
Holiday Inn Express 800-465-4329 (2 miles)
Super 8 Motel 800-800-8000 (2 miles)
Country Inn and Suites of St. Charles 800-456-4000 (3 miles)
Hotel Baker 800-284-0110 (3 miles)
Pheasant Run Resort 800-474-3272 (3 miles)
Comfort Inn of Geneva 630-208-8811 (5 miles)
The Herrington Inn 800-216-2466 (5 miles)
The Oscar Swan Inn of Geneva 630-232-0173 (7 miles)
For information about the show, vendors, or sponsorship, please contact:
Pat Boyle, Competition Manager
Lamplight Equestrian Center- during horse show
6N940 Dunham Road
Wayne, IL 60184
(630) 497-8075 FAX
Phelps Media Group, Inc.
12230 Forest Hill Blvd.
Wellington, FL 33414
2010 Showplace Productions Horse Show Schedule:
Showplace Spring Warm Up April 29 – May 2 at Lamplight
Showplace Spring Warm Up II May 6 – 9 at Lamplight
Showplace Spring Classic May 19 – 23 at Ledges
Ledges Spring Classic May 26 – 30 at Ledges
Showplace Spring Spectacular I June 8 – 13 at Lamplight
Showplace Spring Spectacular II June 14 – 20 at Lamplight
Showplace Spring Spectacular III June 21 – 25 at Lamplight
Showplace Summertime July 7 – 11 at Ledges
Ledges Summertime July 14 – 18 at Ledges
Ledges Fall Classic August 19 – 22 at Ledges
Showplace Fall Festival September 2-5 at Ledges
Showplace Fall Classic September 14-19 at Lamplight